Wednesday, November 19, 2008

'Tis the Season.....


'Tis the season, and I'm not feeling all that jolly yet.

The gift requests are starting to roll in at faster pace each week as the kids peruse the weekend paper ads. Retailers are pulling every trick in the book to get me into their stores to spend my money. Strip malls have had their "Holiday" decor up since November 1st. My local radio station has been playing Christmas music 24/7 for two weeks already.

It's all coming too soon this year. It's not even Thanksgiving and the Christmas holiday stress has already begun.

What happened to the days of anticipation of the day after Turkey Day? I used to wait for that day each year, looking forward to the opening of the Season. It was so much simpler, so much less stressful, so much more relaxed.

So today, in the 87 degree heat of the desert southwest, I say. Bah-humbug!

But, give me a week or two and I'll be declaring that it's the most wonderful time of the year.

No comments: