Friday, December 12, 2008

Betty Crocker....Move Over!

So this is my big baking weekend for the Holidays.

On the very sugary, sticky sweet culinary line-up for this Christmas season:

Gingerbread cookies
Gingerbread house
Cream Cheese Cookies
Pizzelles
Marshmallows (the marshmallows recipe is in a post from earlier in December).

Now I may be overly zealous, but for some reason, I bake my buns off - hot crossed of course - every Christmas. We are in cookies, candies and confections from mid December through April. I have even found an occasional baked good, usually a pie around the 4th of July.

Baking, for me is an important part of the holidays. It's a time that I get to spend doing something family oriented with my kids. We make memories while we are making cookies. We create homemade gifts that are always a hit with the receiver.

So this weekend, I will be wiping off the counters, tying on the apron, eating lots of cookies, lacing up the sneakers and running my buns off.....hot crossed of course!